Effective Sept 2009
At VocalistOnline.com we are responsible for personal information that we require for the operation of the site or in the case of payment processing, that may required to be passed to a third party payment gateway for administration.
We understand and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users, therefore, should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your visits and use of this website, including information about your computer i.e., your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- Details relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Contact information including name and email address that you provide for the purpose of registering to the site or subscribing to services, notifications, newsletters or for using premium services.
- Demographics and other information relevant to customer surveys like postcode, preferences and interests.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us, including proof of copyright ownership or permission in writing from an author, publisher or licensing agency for full, partial or derivative use of works.
The Information We DO NOT Collect
- Credit / Debit Card Information
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer. When you agree, or set your browser to automatically accept cookies, the file is added. This cookie tells you when you visit a particular site and helps analyse web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual by tailoring its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
At VocalistOnline.com we use “session” cookies which are deleted from your computer when you close your browser and “persistent” cookies that remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date to track navigation of our website and enable our website to recognise you when you visit. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Our advertisers/sponsors and payment services providers may also send you cookies when visiting their sites or upgrading your free account to one of the premium services we provide. Please review their sites policies for details.
We may also publish Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on our website which are tailored by them to reflect your interests by using cookies to track your behaviour across the web. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google's Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this and other websites.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What we do with your personal data
- To administer the website and for internal record keeping
- To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- To enable your use of the services available on the website
- To process purchases and supply the services we provide via the website
- To send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you
- To send you general (non-marketing) emails notifying you of changes to policies, site updates or other relevant notifications that may affect your use of the website.
- To send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- We may periodically send our newsletter containing details relating to our business like premium services or include information from carefully selected third parties like special offers and products which we think you may find interesting by email.
- We may occasionally use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email to improve our services and provide more features on the site according to your interests.
- To provide third parties with statistical information about our users use of our website – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing or any other purpose except where required by law.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries including Canada and the United States which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for our website is Electric Blues Club, a non profit group providing free online services to musicians.
Employment Law Contracts and Website Law
modified for our sites usage